Monday, June 29, 2009

new car trouble

Came home from work today.  Drove in the driveway.  Thought to myself, hmmm, that's a strange place to park the car.  DH's car was backed into the huge gully by the driveway.  We've never parked there before and it looked very unlikely that it was a planned event.  When I got into the house and asked DH why he had parked the car in the gully, he looked surprised.  Seems he forgot to use the parking brake or leave the car in gear and it rolled about 1oo feet backwards and to the left, past the other POS car of my daughters and then into the gully.  Our neighbor had to come over with his truck to pull the car out.  It's not looking good.  The back tire is behind the wheel well and the car can't be driven. The car was stopped by a huge tree stump.   Good thing it wasn't me or my daughters that forgot that brake!!  Thank god for Geico.  They will cover the damages, tow the car, and arranged for a rental car, all with one phone call.  Let's hope they stay friendly!!  Needless to say, bad moods seem to have taken over tonight.  Doesn't trouble come in 3's????  Yikes!

I'm also having trouble with the collar on my cardigan. (maybe that's the 3??) There is one spot that is bunching.  I think it's to long so I may have to rip a few rows off that one piece.  See, I HATE sewing sweaters together.  Isn't there someone out there that likes to do that???  I'll pay......

I have to go to the town office tomorrow to license the dogs.  One of my neighbors called animal control as my dog urinated on their flowers.  They claim the dogs chase their daughter when she jogs (trust me she has never jogged a day in her life, and I have never seem them chase anyone). I am so pissed that they couldn't just call me or come over to tell me there is a problem.  My pet peeve.  If you have an issue with someone, just tell them.  I haven't complained once when their son practices his GD drums every single night from 6 to 8 when I get home from work and would like to enjoy my gardens that I work so hard on.  I can hear them inside my house with all the windows shut.  Guess I'll be calling them next time the drums start up.

Lets hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment