Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Car trouble

whew. Finally made it home from a surprising whirlwind of a business trip.  I went to NH on Monday after GETTING MY BRACES OFF, for a meeting that afternoon and another one on Tuesday.  My car has been running hard, nothing terribly noticeable, but a bit louder than normal, and something is just not right.  I decided to stop at a dealership on my way home Tuesday, as I had a 3  hour drive, it was raining, and there are some areas where there is no place to stop for miles if you break down.  The dealership was kind enough to take a look and then turned mean, when they came to tell me all the repairs I need on a 2 year old car.  Of course, nothing is covered under warantee, and according to the folks I needed about $1800 in repairs.  Some could wait, but others needed to be done before I could safely drive it home.

Luckily, I have a friend Ann, in Manchester, who I called and she came to get me at the dealership and let me crash at her house.  She also patiently waited for about 4 hours while I bought a new car.  Yup, that's right, I don't do car repairs well.  I put 100 miles per day on a car, so I need a car that can handle high miles.  Fords do not work, and I will never buy a Ford again.  This was my 4th Ford, and I have had trouble with every one, once they hit 70,000 miles.  I won't go into the story of the other Ford we have, that would take 10 pages, but suffice to say, I HATE Fords now.

Back to my friend Ann.  I knew her when I lived in NH when my girls were very young.  I've probably known her for 18 years. Her daughter was my first babysitter. We worked together for 4, and then I moved to VT.  Life gets busy, and we don't see each other very often, but she's the kind of friend that you can call when you are stranded and she will come, no questions asked.  We had a great dinner, a few cosmo's and wine, and didn't get to her house till 10pm.  Thanks Annie!!  You are a true friend.

So I got a very sexy, black Honda CRV.  He is very handsome, and I have named him Black Jack, or Jackie for short.  He had 4 miles on him.  He should be able to handle all the miles I drive.  Lots of nice compartments for all my gadgets.  Hopefully tomorrow I can take a picture of how handsome he is.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! That's my philosophy, don't fix it replace it.

    ReplyDelete