Sunday, July 5, 2009

Julie's Birthday


My friend Julie had a birthday and wanted a tattoo.  Somehow, I got talked into taking the day off and going to the tattoo parlor with her to get one too.  We had an appointment at 1, and took my 2 daughters with us.  I was SCARED!!  At first it was just us waiting, as there was another guy finishing up.  Then a young man came in wanting his eyebrow pierced.  Then another young lady came in wanting her belly button pierced.  Then another scary looking woman came in wanting her tongue pierced AGAIN, because she had swallowed the piercing when eating spaghetti.  She had some pretty nasty looking tattoo's and I was worried she had gotten then at this shop.  We were looking at books of pictures of tattoo's and they did not look very feminine or like ANYTHING I would want.  I'm starting to feel like I might vomit.  Then a young man comes in wanting his nipples pierced.  My friend Julie, says to the gal working behind the counter, I want all these people to go first and get out of here before I get my tattoo. That was a great idea, because those folks were making me very nervous.  Finally, It was her turn.  And this is the tattoo she got on her foot.  It hurt like crazy.

Now it's my turn, and here is my lady bug tattoo.  It hurt like CRAZY!!  Luckily, it only took 5 minutes.
Tattoo's, I have learned, are quite controversial.  My mother was not pleased.  I'm 47 years old!! It doesn't show!!  It's not a skull and crossbones, or a devil, or a naked women masturbating (they had those in the books).  I like my lady bug.  I was out weeding today, and one landed on my arm.  See...... they like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment