Sunday, August 16, 2009

What a fabulous day! The first time I have been in my pool all summer for a bit of floating. I hit the garden first thing this am before it got too hot, and picked and picked and picked. I have been gone to R-Kansas for a few days, so the cucumbers and beans were waiting for me. I picked 20 cukes, and a bucket of beans. Luckily, my neighbors enjoyed the harvest as much as I did. For dinner tonight, we had green beans, potatoes grilled with green pepper and garlic and of course cucumbers. ALL from my garden. I love that! I then hit the woods and picked 8 cups of blackberries and made a marvelous blackberry cobbler for dessert. Hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream. Yummy.

My SIL is in port for a few days, and is able to call my daughter and talk to her. She misses him terribly, and is always happy to be able to be in contact with him. Our men in the military sacrifice so much. Being on a submarine is tough. No phone calls, mail etc. Anthony is such a great guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment