Thursday, August 13, 2009

R-Kansas

Well, here I am in R-Kansas. I have to say this is not my favorite place that I have ever visited. There is NOTHING to do here and I mean nothing. Some of the girls went to Wal-Mart yesterday. Wal-Mart!!

Susan and I have been having a ball practicing our southern accents. She is hysterically funny and was the hit at dinner tonight. Dinner was at The Whole Hog, which has won several awards for their BBQ. I have to say it was pretty good, although the choice for wine, Ernest Gallo in small individual bottles was not impressive. And I am not a wine snob, but come on.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the convention center, unfortunately, it is never available and you can't reserve it.

I did see 2 old friends from San Diego that I haven't seen since 1988. My first boss in LTC. That was fun.

I attended 2 good classes and 2 bad ones, so I got to finish a pair of socks that I had been working on for a few months. Luckily, I brought some more sock yarn so will start another pair tonight to work on if I get another dud tomorrow.

All in all, I can't recommend Arkansas for a travel destination. Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment